Every year, college students migrate back to campus for a fresh semester, only to find themselves paying an average of $1,200 per year on textbooks and course materials.
Despite innovation in publishing models and e-reading, the cost of textbooks continues to climb at 3 times the rate of inflation. This means we’re hearing the same stories over and over again about the high sticker prices of textbooks and the rising costs of education.
But Boundless is changing that.
While textbook prices are growing faster than the consumer price index, we’ve seen our growth spike more than 3x since last fall as students turn to Boundless for free and affordable resources. Our vision has always been to bring textbooks into the 21st century, by creating the ultimate publishing platform. To support that vision we’re not just serving students with textbooks anymore — we’ve grown to serve the entire educational ecosystem. In short, since last back-to-school season, we’ve:
- Grown 3x to reach more than 3 million students and educators.
- Seen students spend more than 1.5 million hours studying with our content and learning tools.
- Expanded our content library to 25 subjects, including new content in World History and Music.
- Added functionality for educators to customize and assign our textbooks and assessments.
- Opened up our platform for individual authors to publish educational content, with more than a dozen sharing their books this month.
Needless to say, the past year has been busy. But now that we serve the entire ecosystem — from students to educators to authors — we know that ultimately, Boundless is not only driving down the cost of education, but changing the way educational content is created and distributed. More on that below! Continue reading